Last updated: August 29th 2016
Grilling foods existed since pre-historic period and we have today two interesting grill cooking styles, the gas grill and charcoal grill. In the good old days, before the invention of cooking gas, people had been using wooden structure by using wood to grill the meat or vegetarian food. It was called as Babacoa in Spanish and the name Barbecue is synonym for grill cooking. How to find out best gas grill depends on the evaluation various features of gas grill. Here is the right place for learning all about gas grill, where to buy, how to get it with the best quality at cheapest price.
Top 5 Gas Grills in 2017
Various user parameters have convincingly confirmed Char-Broil Classic 480, Dyna-Glo Black & Stainless Premium Grills, Coleman RoadTrip LXE, Weber Genesis 6631001 E-330 and Weber 46110001 Spirit E210 as the top 5 versatile gas grills suitable to your budget and requirements.
Char-Broil Classic 480
This is a 4 burner gas grill with an additional side burner under a flush mounted cover fueled by propane gas. The four burners can produce 48,000 BTU heat power per hour, each by contributing 12,000 BTU. The side burner can produce 10,000 BTU per hour can be used for preparing side dishes while the mail grill is engaged. This grill has a primary grilling area of 480 square inches and an additional 180 square inches of secondary cooking area. Porcelain coated cast iron grates are non-sticky and easy to clean. Seamless stainless burners are extremely durable. Below to the burner is equipped with an excellent grease management system with a sliding, removable drip pan.
The body of the grill is made of grade 430 stainless steel; powder coated steel and cast aluminum part for versatile performance. Electronic AAA battery operated ignition system is independently operated for firing each burners and flame can be regulated with infinite control knobs. The cooking box shroud is made of stainless steel mounted with thermometer on the top center portion. Further the control panel, handle and fascias are made of stainless steel to meet the rough and tough handling. With 7 inch 2 wheel casters, the unit is easy for shifting to different locations.
Costing about over $200 it is one of the best backyard grill unit available in the market with one year limited warranty. See more our reviews
Get Char-Broil Classic 480 Now to Enjoy a fun experience of your outdoor cooking
Dyna-Glo Black & Stainless Premium Grill
The unique “P” shape 2 burner grill is an excellent smart grill oven. The burners are covered with two heat tents which can hold the grease dripping from the food. With 350 square inches of primary grilling space and secondary warming rack of197 square inches, the grill can cook 30 hamburgers in a single use. Fueled with propane gas, the burner is able to produce 30,000 BTU thermal powers per hour. The burners have stainless steel hood with cast aluminum end beading for extra stability and also to protect heat leakages. The centrally mounted thermometer on the lid will let you gauge the temperature of the grill.
All the control knobs are mounted on the front panel for easy maneuvering. Electronic ignition switch is supported with AAA battery for quick firing and the flame is controlled by the infinite control knobs. The burners are able to generate 316 degree Celsius heat within few moments of time. The cabinet is designed to hold 20 pound propane gas cylinder. For easy portability, the grill is supported with two fixed wheel caster with lock and 2 non-locking wheel casters.
The grill is offered within a price range of $250 to $290 without accessories with one year limited warranty and delivered free of cost anywhere in USA. See more our reviews
See what other saying about the Dyna-Glo Black & Stainless Premium Grill Now
Coleman RoadTrip LXE
Available in 8 different colors, the 36 inch propane gas grillis provided with 2 stainless steel burners and each can produce 10,000 BTU thermal powers per hour. The portable grill has scissor type folding legs, with wheel casters in one pair of the legs. The other leg pair can be used as a pulling handle cum fixed stand. 285 square inches of cooking space is enough for a small party. Two folding side tables add up more work area for pre cooking activities.
The porcelain coated cast iron grates are easy to clean. Below the burners are provided a detachable drip tray, where the excess grease is collected for cleaning. Electronic ignition push button is placed on the front panel which will allow independent firing and flame is controlled by the infinite gas regulator knobs. Vitreous painted steel lid is designed to allow even distribution of heat in the chamber. Considering the weight and portability this grill is an ideal option for outdoor party.
The unit is available under $150. It is one of the best choices in gas grills supported with 5 year limited warranty. The grill is delivered free of shipping charges anywhere in USA. See more our reviews
See full rating, pricing and reviews of Coleman RoadTrip LXE Gas Grill Here
Weber Genesis 6631001 E-330
This is one of the very impressive grills designed to provide excellent cooking experience fueled with Natural gas. It has 3 stainless steel seamless tubular burners, 1 side burner and 1 sear burner. The three burners can produce a combined heat of 38,000 BTUper hour and can be ignited independently and the flames can be controlled with the infinite regulator knobs placed on the front panel. The side burner can produce 12,000 BTU and sear burner can produce 10,000 BTU of heat. Side burner can be used for preparing side dishes. The sear burner can be used to tone up the grilled food to get the sear effect.
Apart from the burners, the cook box consists of porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates, porcelain coated Flavorizer bars and an excellent grease management system. The cook box is covered with double layered porcelain enameled shroud that can hold heat evenly, mounted with a thermometer at the top center. Porcelain coated cast iron grill grates are easy to clean and maintain. The Flavorizer bar acts as a deflector and at the mean time food is smoked and sizzled by the dripped out fat. The excess fat will be drained out through the angle design and collected in the drip pan placed below the burners. This mid size family grill is offered for about under $900. See more our reviews
Click here to visit Amazon and Find out more about Weber Genesis 6631001 E-330 gas grill
- Weber 46110001 Spirit E210
Equipped with 2 stainless steel burners, this unit can produce 26,500 BTU thermal power altogether. The burners are made of high grade seamless stainless steel tube designed for lifelong service. This is an ideal backyard gas grill with two folding side tables providing 450 square inches of cooking area. The primary grilling area is having 360 square inches and secondary 90 square inches as warming rack. Foldable side tables are designed to add convenience and when you don’t want to use it, you can simply fold up the table. Electronic ignition push button is powered with AAA battery for effective ignition and each burner can be fired independently and the flames are regulated with the infinite knobs.
The cook box is covered with cast aluminum metal that are durable having stylish finishing. The shroud when closed allows even circulation of heat that helps to cook the food with good taste. Porcelain coated cast iron grates are easy to clean without seasoning. A detachable grease management tray is provided below the burner to collect the excess grease. The Flavorizer bars are porcelain coated with angled deflectors helps smoke and sizzle the food and drive away the excess fat to the drip pan. This grill is priced about under $400 without accessories and free shipment is arranged all over USA. See more our reviews
Learning about the Weber 46110001 Spirit E210 details here
Overview of Gas Grill
The first outdoor gas grill was introduced by Don McGlughlin in 1950 at Chicago, USA. The first successful gas grill was called as Boilburger. Chicago Combustion Corporation introduced the first portable gas grill named Model AP, in the year 1954. Over a period of time gas grill evolved from single burner to multi burners by using different metals, Flavorizer bars, sear burners supported with steel grill grates, porcelain enameled grill grates and to rotisseries etc.
Grilled foods are always delicious, mouth watering, healthy due to the specialty of cooking! Gas grill is a device used to cook meet or vegetable by heating directly from the bottom of the grill grates or evenly from the side ways. The two main category of grill cooking are done by gas grillingor charcoal grilling. Those who prefer to have an element of charcoal in the food taste will always prefer charcoal grilling and people who look for more hygienic cooking may opt for gas grill cooking.
Modern gas grills have lot of innovative features. Most of the grills have temperature gauge and gas level indicators. Also, features such as timer, infinite gas burner regulators, electronic ignition, stainless burners, porcelain coated cast iron grill grates, Flavorizer bar, grease management system, covered hood, expandable side tables, specially designed cabinet to place gas cylinders, wheel casters with brakes and swivel casters, strong stainless steel body or aluminum cast bodies, non-stain sticky enamel coated body etc., can be seen as universally acceptable components.
Gas Grills are preferred over other type of Grills
Gas grills are the preferred grill cooking than any other grill cooking due to its user convenience. Gas grilling is comparatively hygienic than charcoal grilling. Charcoal fire can only produce 1,093 Celsius heat where as gas grill can produce about 1,927 degree Celsius heat. Also it has to be noted that carbon produced by burning charcoal imparts no flavor or aroma when scientifically analyzed. It is the drippings from the food sizzle and smoke to add the flavor and aroma. Gas grill provides constant and consistent heat but charcoal heat is unpredictable and need lot of attention.
Electric grill uses an element to heat up the grill. There is every chance to have the element malfunction or break anytime. It creates an uncertainty and you need to have an electrician as a standby for repair works. Most of the electrical points cannot get wet. It will create problem in cleaning the unit. Also there are problem in searing food because the heat elements cannot provide intense heat in the required level. Electrical grills are not recommended for portable use.
In nut shell gas grills are environment friendly, hygienic, zero emission, no health hazard issues and very user friendly.
Types of Gas Grills
Gas grills fall into two categories; the Propane Gas (LP) and Natural Gas (NG) as their source of fuel.
Propane gas grills
Propane gas cylinders are relatively small in size and are portable. Propane gas can generate 2,500 BTU heat per unit which is higher than the heat generated by the same unit of Natural Gas. Propane gas is environment friendly and does not contain lead. It has low greenhouse gas emission and produces water and carbon dioxide during the burning process.
Propane is derived from Natural Gas through an expensive distillation process. Hence Propane gas will be expensive than Natural gas. Propane gas grilled food creates wet heat and this may sometimes change the quality of the food. Propane gas if exploded stays concentrated for longer period hence is considered as more dangerous than natural gas.
Natural gas grills
Best natural gas grills can save cooking time and cook delicious food with ease. Natural gas is supplied through grid and grill unit is generally advised to use in a fixed place. It is much cheaper than propane gas and extremely good for continuous use as there is no chance of cooking interruption due to gas extinction. As per the current market gas price the Natural gas price is only 1/6 of Propane gas. This gives an economical advantage favorable to Natural gas over Propane gas. Natural gas is considered as “green house gas” and is environment friendly.
But they have a little falling because this unit cannot be used as portable and it can only be used with fixed gas connections
How to find Best Gas Grill
Gas based grills deliver good grilling results with unequivocal speed and convenience. Depending on party requirements and budget you can plan and select the perfect gas grill that is suitable for you. The main parameters you can consider for the good grill products are; its features, power and temperature, construction and after sales service. Gas grill reviews can provide some valued inputs to find out the best gas grill.
- Features and cooking space: Make sure that the gas grill that you are planning to buy has enough primary cooking area. Gas grill with a cooking space of 450 square inches are most suitable for a mid size family. In the event of an outdoor party a gas grill with 285 square inches cooking area would be ideal. You need to have spacious slow heating rack where you can slowly melt on the hamburgers or fine tune your cooked food or prepare few patties.
The grill should be porcelain coated cast iron grates or stainless steel grates. Cast iron is having more heat retention quality hence porcelain coated cast iron grates are ideal. High end gas grill will be having infrared heating facilities for better rotisserie purpose.
- Types of Gas grill: Gas grills are available in propane and natural gas models. Some grills are available in both LP and NG and a Propane gas grill can be easily converted in to a Natural gas grill.
- Power and Temperature: Most of the top models promote their products with BTU of cooking power. BTU is a unit measurement of heat power generated by the burners combined or independently per hour. Look for the maximum BTU output a burner can offer. Minimum 30,000 BTU with three main burners are ideal. Also consider selecting a battery powered electronic push button ignition switch which can independently burn the burners with infinite control knobs. Grill with side burner and sear with minimum output of 10,000 BTU is a recommended unit.
- Durability: The material used to construct the gas grill plays an important role in providing longevity. Make sure the body of the material is constructed with high quality stainless steel, aluminum cast metal or non-flake enamel coat that helps to maintain the grill with more ease.
- Ease to use and clean: If heating grills are made of porcelain coated cast iron grates, they are easy to clean. The grill should have better Grease Management System and the drip tray should be easy to clean up without seasoning. The drip pan used to collect the grease, oil drops and moisture’s must be easily detachable or removable for cleaning purpose. How to clean a gas grill will not be a burning issue, if the grill grates are porcelain coated.
- Consult reviews: Various independent reviews will let you understand the exact picture of the product that you are planning to buy. Unbiased reviews will help you understand about the sales and after sale service of the companies rather than their tall claims. Consumer reviews will give you an honest opinion about the product that you have short listed.
- Price: Rather than paying a higher price or opting for high value grills, evaluate your requirements. This will help you to narrow down the product that you are looking for. If you are not obsessed with brand names, go with a technical advice or review and decide on the product. Most of the products are offered without the cost of accessories and free shipping. Generally good gas grills are available between $150 to $900.
- After sales service: Gas grill that offers long warranty/guarantee than a short warranty or guarantee are always preferable. It should be ideal to have minimum 1 year warranty rather than no warranty. Make sure the grill is having service facilities in your place of residence.
Grill food lovers often fall in to long debates of whether charcoal grill is better or a gas grill. There could not be a right answer as the decision really depends upon personal individual preferences of users. Different types of grills offer different features and benefits and whether you need one of the best natural gas grills or a charcoal grill or some other type really depends upon what benefits appeal you the most? In this article we have listed some of the benefits that gas grill offers for grill masters.
Gas Grilling Benefits
- Gas grills offer convenience of push button and easy startup.
- The major highlighted benefit of gas-fired grilling is that they are extremely easy to use and gives you convenience of grilling. You just need to turn a knob, adjust a desirable heat temperature and get grilling.
- All the gas grills are fueled with either liquid propane tanks or a natural gas line. You can even store additional liquid propane as the tanks are easily refillable and when you run out of fuel you need not to run to a station for filling in.
- Fuel is really cheap whether its natural gas or propane. One completely filled propane tank will give you many sessions of grilling.
- Gas grills offer quick grilling and it is cleaner way of grilling as you get no lighting, no smelly starter fluid, no stacking, no mess and no more waiting for coals to glow up.
- Some simple steps can be followed for grilling healthy food and it is really easy for all.
- No messy ash clean ups needed after you had enjoyed your grilled lunch or dinner food.When you are done with grilling just turn the switch off and quickly rub a brush over cooking grate and you are done with cleaning up.
- As opposed to charcoal grills, your gas grill flames are not affected by wind.
- Moreover you can easily control temperature with a controlling dial.
- With a flip switch,you can quickly maximize heat or low down temperature in a matter of few seconds.
- Gas grills are readily available in market and you can find one to fit your budget. So if you are looking for an inexpensive grill or a fancy costly one, you will find all kinds of gas grills easy to buy.
- Last but not the least, the grilled food or barbecue prepared over a gas grill is caramelized with impressive accents and delicious flavors that would make you get in love with your healthy good. With a smoker box, you can even add smoky flavor to your food which serves as a compliment to your food.
- Gas grills offer you convenience of adopting any style of cooking. You can easily try versatile recipes over gas grills.
Some top-of-the-line gas grill reviews suggest that these gas grills offer varied extra features that makes way for more convenience and ease of use. These include:
- Side Burners – Side burners are an additional feature that is found with some high-end grills and this feature offers a separate cooking and heating place apart from the main cooking grate of your gas grill. These side burners are ideal for heating or cooking sauces, buns and other similar food items.
- Rotisserie – This is usually found in many new gas grills these days. The rotisserie feature added with the grills allows for full fowl grilling or grilling of larger meat cuts. You can easily insert this feature to your gas grill by inserting it in two holes on the grill walls.
- Smoking Boxes – Specially added for smoking meats. These boxes can be used with smoking wood chips slid over the grill flame. The smoke produced in the boxes will be filled in the grill chamber and will cook the meat. This will give you meat a smoky flavor.
- Warming Rack or Shelves – Some of the gas grills also come with shelves and racks for warming up already cooking food. These shelves add versatility of use to your gas grills.
- Stainless Steel Built – You may have seen stainless steel charcoal grills but now gas grills are also being made up of different types of materials and the most durable high quality grills are made up of stainless steel. If you are looking for best and long lasting quality go for stainless steel construction.
These extra additions that are now being made with gas grills are not necessary to have but these gives you additional functionality of use and options that you may opt for in your cooking process to make it more easy, convenient and interesting.
Benefits of gas grills have made these appliances an ultimate choice for grilling masters who prefer convenience and control first when considering outdoor cooking grills. Choices are usually based on individual preferences and people look for the features they desire when searching to purchase a gas grill as this is not an everyday purchase but is a long lasting investment. Cooks whether professionals or household ones must look for features that they would use and if you are looking for a complete control over internal temperature for grilling, your choice should be gas grills. Gas grills offer convenience of ignition with a push switch, temperature control dial, and immediate flame for cooking and quick heat ups. If these and other benefits that we have mentioned in this page are the ones you are looking for then wait no more and get a gas grill now!
Grilled foods are healthy and delicious. So own the best product will make your outdoor cooking become really fun experience. With the dizzying number of options available in the market today, we always encourage you to read carefully the reliable gas grill reviews and consider all important factors above before making a decision on choosing a gas grill.